Sabtu, April 28, 2018

A-10 MJ - Pusher Jet Made Simple


A-10 is one of my favorite flying model. The beauty and sleek look of it amazed my eyes. That's why I captured it into one of my design collection. The A-10 MJ pusher type diy depron aircraft.

I've saw a couple of articles, blog postings and forum threads that discusses about this model and also some of the have their own build log. However, none of it seem fit to my design objective that is; to have a cool and stunning aircraft that is easy to build, use less foam board, and at the same time I can have fun flying it in no time.

I'm trying to have something that is easy to understand plan, easy to build, less cluttered parts, lightweight yet durable and this is what I've came up with. A the moment, I'm still working to figure out the best wingspan. Should it be 32" or 40". But I'd preferred 40" to go with my available motor or 1450kv lying around. 

The dummy ducted jet fan will just have a straight air flow with no aerodynamic shape and so does the fuselage that is pretty much straight forward. The wings will have tip dihedral and airfoil with 'fold-up' type construction.

The Spec

Wing span: 40”
Motor: 1450kv Turnigy
Prop: 8x6
Lipo: 1800mah to 2200mah 11.1V
ESC: 30A
AUW: To be announce

With these spec in mind, you'll need two sheet of depron or foam board to complete the task. I have not build one for my self yet at this moment and I'm very much appreciate to those who want to be the first to build it. Do tag me if you build one. 

This posting will be updated once I got hold of my actual build.

Prototype






The Build Log

I have started the build log of this model and found out it is a bit bigger than my previous design. But then, that is what my intention is. To have a 40" inch wing span capable of carrying load and fly with a smooth sailing characteristic. The revised plan contained a proper angle-of-attack on the wing thus greatly helps the lift of this plane when flying slow and reduce stall speed.
















Download Plan

Plan are available in two format and can be download below:




5 ulasan:

  1. is this a 10 out in a tiled form? thank you very much

    BalasPadam
    Balasan
    1. If you needed the tiled plan, I will convert it for you. Stay tune.

      Padam
    2. Hi mat can u please share the details of electronics that has to be used for this plan

      Padam
  2. Hi mat I was planning to build A10 from your plan. Can u tell me which foam you used and the servos
    You have only mentioned the battery power. Can you please share the details of electronics

    BalasPadam
    Balasan
    1. Hi Zaki. I'm using the 6mm depron foam that I get from a local book store. This foam is slightly different from the one used in Flitetest.com. For the servos, I'm using the micro servo and for the placement of it, you can just guess the right location. The closer the servo to the contral surface is much better. I leave that to your creativity. Hope that help shed some light on your build. Feel free to ask.

      Padam