Khamis, Julai 14, 2016

Profile Piper Cub - Easy and fun building

As I made the return toward this rc modelling, my eyes are stuck at this 'high-wing' model Piper Cub. It has been my preference since the 'high-wing' model perform better than 'mid-wing' or 'low-wing' model due to it's stability during flight.

Furthermore, this is the type of model every beginner choose and should choose when starting to venture into this hobby. The wing it self will let the plane to straighten up and fly a level momentum.




The origin of this Piper Cub came from rcgroups.com which is started by Gene Bond. You can check out the post here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778768

Instead of using BluCore foam, I'm using the 6mm depron all round since that the only available source of building item in my reach.

Starting out with the cut out plan which I'm printing in 'tile' version and then taping them all together to create a large version plan.


Sticking the cut out paper plan onto the depron sheet. Instead of using expensive 3M 77 Adhesive spray, I'm using my ol'trusted handy clear tape. 


Starting the cut out process from the fuselage section


This is my modification onto the original plan. I didn't have any 3mm carbon tube to be sandwich into the fuselage building, and to overcome that I created another support made from depron sheet.


By using colored opp tape, I've taped the whole exposed depron to this brown color tape.





Cut out a white paper to make as wingshield decal


Added bamboo skewer to the tail for reinforcement


Giving the motor mount a slight down angle


Complete with the army decal stripes



Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan